Friday, January 16, 2009

Keep your job: A 10-point survival guide

If layoffs, restructurings, and a foggy future at work have you rattled, try to take control of the things you can. Here's how

Dear Annie: First of all, I'm glad I still have a job (so far), and I know there are lots of people worse off than I am, so I don't want to whine. Nonetheless, lately I feel I'm losing my grip.




My company just went through a major restructuring (the third in four years), this time with huge layoffs that left the organization chart completely scrambled. So a promotion I was expecting is now probably not going to happen, we're all working harder than ever, and the 16 people under me are asking me for answers I don't have. It's hard to concentrate on getting everything done when there's so much uncertainty around. Any suggestions on how to stay focused? -Hanging On by a Thread


CLICK HERE TO READ MORE==>