Monday, March 12, 2007

Member Question: GSS and HAXS

Question: What is your opinion on GSS and HAXS ?

Answer:
Hi,
Let us look at the 2 stocks.

PLUS SIDE:

Both stocks are having Power Ranking above 3 and so are strong in buying volume.

GSS has had a stock kiss once before.









MINUS SIDE:

The overall market is bearish. Usually, we have to look at the complete picture to make a judgement.
If the markets had been bullish then these stocks would definitely be on my buy watch list.
I would have then waited till they made a stock kiss to buy them and place stop loss slightly below the 50 days moving average.

Unfortunately, the markets are bearish, so it reduces the odds of winning.

So, if you want to still take risk and purchase the stocks, please reduce the risk by reducing the quantity you are planning to purchase.
If you were planning to buy 200 stocks, just buy 50 shares.

Does this answer your question ? Unfortunately there is no right answer..It depends on your risk taking abilities. I am a CHICKEN....so I prefer to take trades only when all things line up perfectly and are in my favor. Even then, I get stopped out from some of these stocks, but I do not mind because I make large gains from the remaining.

Currently, I just look for stock kisses on the short side because the markets are bearish. if the markets turn and become bullish, i will look to buy.

Sanjoy